The Fourth of July is coming up this weekend, and this American flag fruit pizza is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. It’s relatively simple to make, and so yummy! The sweet sugar cookie crust, cream cheese whip, and berries are the perfect combo.
I’m sure this Independence Day will look different for many of us. We had hoped that we’d be at a place that we could have friends over, let the kids run around in the backyard, and BBQ, but with the number of COVID cases on the rise in our area, we don’t feel like it’s a great idea. We’re hoping to still get to find a spot to park and watch some fireworks though!
Whether you’re gathering with friends for the Fourth, or staying at home and celebrating with family, this American flag fruit pizza will not disappoint. I made this for my family and we ate it all in about two days!
A few tips for making this American flag fruit pizza:
- Let cookie crust cool completely before topping. Be careful not to overcook.
- If blueberries are having trouble staying in place, dip them slightly in the cream cheese mixture then place them where you want them.
- It’s easiest to pipe the cream cheese for the white stripes. You can use whatever piping tip you’d like. I used the small #32 open star tip
I hope you enjoy this recipe 🙂
Pin it for later!
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 lb. strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spread the refrigerated cookie dough into the bottom of a greased round baking pan or round cookie sheet (you may not use the entire package)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cookie is golden brown
- Let cookie crust cool completely
- Whip cream cheese and sugar together
- Add vanilla
- Fold in whipped topping until smooth and combined
- Wash fruit and slice strawberries in halves or quarters (whichever you prefer)
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture over cookie crust
- Arrange blueberries around outer edge (tip: if you're having a hard time getting the blueberries to stay in place, dip it slightly in the cream cheese mixture then place around edge.)
- Scoop cream cheese mixture into piping bag with tip (I used a #32 open star piping tip)
- Arrange blueberries in the upper left hand corner to create the field of blue
- Use strawberries to create the red stripes
- Use the piping bag to pipe lines of white. You can also create little stars on top of the blueberries if you'd like