Congratulations, you have just stumbled across your new favorite holiday side dish! This cheesy corn recipe has just 3 ingredients and is so easy to make. Bring this to your next holiday get-together and it is sure to be the hit of the night.
Cheesy Corn Recipe
I was introduced to this cheesy corn recipe by my mother-in-law several years ago, and it has been a favorite ever since. I believe my sister-in-law, Lindsey, and I could eat an entire dish by ourselves. It’s just that good!
No, it’s not the healthiest dish – I mean, it’s cheese and butter – but the holidays aren’t about being healthy. They’re about indulging in those yummy foods that you don’t get to enjoy the rest of the year. I’ll be honest though – I make this dish year round. It’s too good to only eat it once or twice a year!
If I’m making cheesy corn for just my family for a typical weeknight dinner, I use half a block of Velveeta, one stick of butter, and a 12(ish) ounce bag of frozen corn. The bags of frozen corn vary depending on which grocery store I’m shopping at. They range from 10-14 oz and any of these are fine for an 8×8 glass dish. If I’m making this for a big family get-together, I will double the recipe and cook it in a 13×9 dish. Cooking time is the same – enough for everything to melt together and become creamy.
I hope you enjoy this cheesy corn recipe! If you try it, please let me know how you liked it!
Pin it for later!
- 1 bag frozen corn
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour frozen corn in 8x8 glass baking dish
- Chop Velveeta cheese into cubes and place on top of corn
- Slice butter and place on top of cheese. Cheese and butter should evenly cover corn.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
- Take out of the oven and stir, then place back into oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes
- Stir well until butter and cheese are well combined and creamy before serving