Fall is upon us, which means it’s time to make all the pumpkin spice bread! This probably ranks as David’s favorite thing that I make and the girls love it too.
I actually don’t love all things pumpkin, but I am a huge fan of “pumpkin spice” – pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin spice bread, pumpkin spice cake – Yum!
This recipe obviously has the taste of pumpkin, but it’s the spices that send it over the top. The cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves give it that perfectly fall flavor.
This pumpkin spice bread recipe may seem to have a lot of ingredients, but they are ingredients that usually have already in my pantry, and I’ll bet you do too. It’s actually very simple and it makes two perfectly moist loaves of bread.
If you make this recipe, drop me a note below and let me know what you think!
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3⅓ cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, sugar, water, vegetable oil, and eggs until well combined
- In separate bowl combine all other ingredients
- Slowly add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture until well combined
- Grease two 9x5 loaf pans, sprinkle with flour, and divide mixture evenly between the two pans
- Bake 60-70 minutes. Bread is finished when toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool 10-15 minutes, then remove from pan