Happy Friday! Our country’s birthday is just around the corner, and I wanted to share with you these fun, patriotic M&M cookies. These are without a doubt the best M&M cookies I have ever had! They are perfectly soft and chewy and so easy to make. These would be great to whip up a batch to take to your 4th of July cookout next week.
The best part about them is you can make them for any holiday with the seasonal colored M&Ms – pastels for Easter, red and green for Christmas, orange and black for Halloween…you get the idea! You can even throw some sprinkles if you’d like. I added red and blue sprinkles for these 4th of July cookies because I thought they’d look sort of like fireworks!
My girls love to help stick the M&Ms in the top of the cookies. Well, Raley likes to help. Audrey likes to pour all the M&Ms on the pan and play with them. Either way, they think it’s fun!
So let’s get to it! I hope you enjoy these cookies. They are to die for!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. sat
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 10oz bags M&Ms
- Sprinkles (coordinating colors – optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter, sugars, and oil
- Add eggs and mix until combined
- Add dry ingredients and vanilla
- Chop some M&Ms (however many you’d like!)*
- Mix in chopped M&Ms and sprinkles (add as much as you’d like)
- Place in balls on cookie sheet and place 6-8 M&Ms on top
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
These cookies are modified from this recipe by Lil Luna.